Our History

site image
site image

In 1942, Garrison Mortuary was purchased by brothers Brian and Berkeley Bunker and became Bunker Brothers Mortuary and Chapel. At that time, it was located only a few blocks from what is now known as " The Old Strip" on Freemont Street. In 1964, needing more space and a modern building, the Bunker brothers built a new mortuary where it stands today (pictured below). In 1969, Brian, a very devout Mormon, decided to leave the mortuary business and move to Utah. In February 1999, Bunkers Mortuary joined an exclusive group of funeral service providers known as Carriage Services and through this exclusive affiliation, Bunkers provides its families with the highest quality service available.

© 2017 Memory Gardens Memorial Park. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service